Faith Family Friends

Celebrating the Joy of Living & Home Making ~

Baking, Cooking, Decorating, Tea Time, and taking Inspiration from those I love and the world around me...

A sharing of my heart and my home from a Christian perspective

...with a wee bit of whimsy added.

Monday 29 February 2016

No Place Like Home # 17

Where we love is home -
home that our feet may leave,
but not our hearts. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.



Welcome to No Place Like Home, dear friends, and Happy Leap Day! It's the last day of February and Spring is coming! Yay!!

Do you remember this poem from school?

Thirty days hath September,
April, June and November;
All the rest have thirty-one
Save February, she alone
Hath eight days and a score
Til leap year gives her one day more.

I think this may be my first leap day party in all my years of blogging parties. 

Tonight I am going to watch Leap Year, a love story that takes place in Ireland. Amy Adams and Matthew Goode star and tradition has it that on a leap day, the girl is allowed to propose to the guy she wishes to spend the rest of her life with. Have you watched it? It's a cute movie with no smut in it. Downton Abbey fans, you may recognize the young man in the movie.



Over the weekend I shared my violets and pansies tea ware at a Lavender and Lace tea. If you missed that post you may find it here.



I also made a batch of blueberry oat muffins and shared the recipe with you. These are wonderful with a warm cup of tea or coffee. You may find that post here.




Last week's party served up a plethora of ideas and recipes. They were all marvellous and thank you so much for sharing. You are a wonderfully talented group of ladies!

I have broken my features down into categories and I hope you enjoy them!

Recipes -


Elizabeth @ The Daisy Fields shared these wonderful heart shaped scones with raspberry whipped cream; yum! Perfect for tea time!



Thelma @ Thel's Kitchen shared a delicious recipe for French Onion Soup. Wonderful on these cold days!



Collections -

Christine @ Christine's Home and Travel Aventures shared her wonderful soup tureen collection above her kitchen cabinets. These are just a few.



Crafts, sewing, quilting, crochet, etc -

Kitty @ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen shared the adorable apron she made from her beloved's shirt. Doesn't she make a cute model?



Mrs. T. @ Across My Kitchen Table shared her wonderful home made table runner. I think it's especially cute because it has a tea theme.



Tea Time/Tablescape -


Sherry @ The Charm of Home shared her adorable collection of Brambly Hedge china. 



Carrie @ Teatime Journeys shared a beautiful Amethyst teatime using her lovely violet inspired china and figurine.



Home Decor -

Amykins @  A Day of Small Things shared her beautiful collection of quilts around her home. I especially love how she did up the bedroom with quilts and pillows.



Congratulations ladies! and thank you to everyone for participating in last week's party.

Now, let's see what you are creating in your home and garden to make it a cozy place to come home to for your family, your friends, and yourself.

Enjoy your day dear friends.


Lord, this humble house we'd keep 
Sweet with play and calm with sleep. 
Help us so that we may give 
Beauty to the lives we live. 
Let Thy love and let Thy grace 
Shine upon our dwelling place. - Edgar A. Guest




Sharing from my heart ~ Sandi

28 comments :

  1. Oh my Goodness you just made my morning! I am so pleased and honored to have my blog featured on your beautiful blog
    Joyfully
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Sandi! I watched Leap Year with my daughter over her winter break and I absolutely adored it <3 Such a sweet story line and I loved the beautiful setting of the Irish countryside! I won't spoil it for you by giving away any details :) Kitty is looking adorable in that cute apron! Thanks for hosting! Enjoy Leap Year! hugs, Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sandi for hosting! I do love your violet teacup! Kitty's apron is absolutely adorable! Have a beautiful week, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandi,
    Such nice features, I always enjoy your parties, thanks for hosting. I just watched the trailer for Leap Year, it does look like a good movie!
    Happy Leap Day to you!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that Kitty and her apron the cutest thing...she is adorable.
    Love your features...and thanks so much for hosting such a fun party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodmorning Sandi, Thank you for hosting, it's always a pleasure to stop by and join the fun....hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for letting me join in on the fun this week!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandi,
    Your February Teacup of the Month is lovely. I would love to have it and have been searching but they are so expensive on e-bay. Oh Kitty does look cute! She must miss her hubby so. Your blueberry muffins do look delicious and your dried flowers are so pretty. Your Lavender and Lace post is really very beautiful! Thank you for hosting No Place Like Home. Blessings. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always a joy to come here on a Monday morning with you Sandi! Lovely features! Your Lavender teacup is simply gorgeous, and paired beautifully with your blueberry muffins and lavender tea! Have a blessed and wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Lavender and Lace tea is lovely. I have the Royal Albert Violets teacup [in the Flowers of the Month series], since my birthday is in February. I enjoyed all the blogs you featured but especially like Kitty's apron made from her late hubby's shirt. Wishing you a happy March! ~ Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sandi, thank you so much for featuring my tea time runner today ~ and for hosting the party each week. I hope that it doesn't bore anyone, but today I am sharing the other runners that I made from my prettier vintage hankies. Looking forward to trying your blueberry oatmeal muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Sandi, I am so honored to have my apron featured! That was so kind of you to do so, and the apron is a comfort just to see it hanging in the kitchen, with reminders of our love for each other.
    I loved your first quote and I do remember the poem about the months of the year. Happy Leap
    Day to you, my friend. I think I've seen the movie that you mentioned, but I will make sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for featuring my "French Onion Soup". You made my day!!
    Also thanks for another great party. xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for featuring my scone recipe :) I am so honored to have it featured on such lovely blog! Thank you as well for hosting yet another fun link up! I hope you have a beautiful upcoming week!

    Thanks again!
    Grace and peace,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sandi,
    love your tea ware with the violet flowers, and the blueberry muffins I'd love to enjoy.
    Haven't seen the movie Leap Year, unfortunately .
    Wish you much fun with Leap Year.
    I am pleased to participate at your link party again. Thank you for hosting. Have a lucky week, Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  16. All such lovely features and yes I have seen that movie very cute it was . I haven't heard that poem in years . Thanks for sharing , have a good week !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Leap Day, Sandi! I also enjoyed Leap Year when I saw it a few years back. I would propose to Matthew Goode!!! Thank you for hosting and enjoy the first week of March!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have seen Leap Year. It is really cute. Amy Adams is charming. Thanks for the feature. That Brambly Hedge china is popular. I didn't realize how much till I saw the responses to my post. Thanks for hosting Sandi!

    ReplyDelete
  19. always a great party :) Happy Leap Year day to ya! have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great features Sandi. I have never seen Leap Year. I have to put it on my list of movies to watch.

    Thanks for hosting and have a great week.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy Leap Day! I really like your RA March teacup. I agree; I would love to gift my friends with a teacup from their birthday month. I'm on the lookout for the June cup which is my birth month.
    My cousin gave me the Leap Year DVD for my birthday one year. Wow, didn't recognize Matthew Goode from Downton. Need to rewatch it.
    Thanks for hosting and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sandi, I came over yesterday to link up, and saw the Leap Year movie, and promptly went over to Netflix and started watching it! (I've been on the couch recuperating from bronchitis.) I enjoyed it; nice movie for a cold February day. Thank you for the recommendation. I'm linking up, but not sure my post is really home-related; I've been in a blogging slump I hope to recover from soon! Have a wonderful week, and thank you for always hosting. xo Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh how I love Leap Year, the movie.... becasue it highlights my trip to ireland last year... I need to watch it again... with hubby feeling ill he seems to monopolize the control and I let him.. poor babe!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sandi, I do remember that poem, and, in fact, have to say it to myself everytime the end of a month comes in order to know what day it is! You are so right, Kitty makes a darling model and I am off to visit and tell her so. Thank you for hosting again..Happy Tuesday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the fun party and have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you so much for hosting, Sandi! Great features, too...love Kitty's apron and all the food and décor looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I am delighted to have you visit me and I read every comment. Please forgive me for not being able to visit you all as there are so many of you lovely bloggy friends now. I will visit as much as possible. I wish you a day filled with JOY!

Also, due to the amount of spam I've been getting, I have had to set Comment Moderation. ~ Sandi

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.